Friday, October 7, 2011

Alice In Wonderland



I am a lover of movies. Typically, if it's quirky or artsy...I like it. The idea of reading something and turning it into something you can watch just fascinates me. I love a good story, or excellent acting, and I even like special effects. But, my favorite thing off all is cinematography. The way a movie is filmed, the method, technique, type of camera, type of lens, lighting, these all create the "feel" of the movie.

Do you ever see an object that reminds you of something completely different? For example, a pair of shoes that remind you of a car. The two seem completely unrelated, but it might be the lines or curves, etc. I do this all the time. Yes, this is a blog about hardware, so where am I going with this? I've done this with a number of movies and hardware. It usually happens with one piece of hardware that reminds me of a movie and then I go on a hunt to find other pieces that would fit. I've got enough pieces picked out that I might do a series of these, just because they're fun.

First up on the list: Alice In Wonderland.

I chose the Tim Burton version because well, he's Tim Burton and you're bound to get some striking effects with his movies. For those of you who haven't seen the movie, here's some stills to give you an idea of the "feel."


Queen of Hearts Croquet

Alice in Wonderland

March Hare Tea Party

What kind of hardware could possibly remind me of this movie, you say?
Anne At Home Hare Knob
Acorn Heart Hook
Fusion Fluer d'Lis Faucet
Atlas Striped Pull
JVJ Twist Towel Ring
Atlas Emerald Knob
Dummy Door Strap
Hot Knobs Checkered Knob
Wrought Iron Double Hook
Emtek Art Nouveau Knob
Atlas Enamel Knob
Atlas Heart Knob

See what I mean?




Visit the Hardware Hut today!
Erica
“Leave the Details to Us”

2 comments:

  1. This post was quite funny. I never thought about "theming" my hardware after a movie like that. Quite brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! Fantastic imagination Erica

    ReplyDelete