Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful




Thanksgiving Craft

When I started working at Spokane Hardware Supply in 2001, I don't think I anticipated being here almost 11 years later. I don't know why exactly, but I suppose the prospect of being a "Hardware Lifer" just isn't that glamorous. Over time, I really have grown to love this business. I get excited about new hardware. I look at finishes on everything. Not intentionally, it just kinda happens. Who knew?! The majority of my coworkers have been here for 10 plus years. That's pretty remarkable.

I moved across the country, from Michigan to Washington at the ripe age of 19. I moved here with two friends, that was the extent of my social circle. Not knowing anyone, my coworkers became my friends and family. Since starting here; I have had the pleasure of becoming best friends with one of my coworkers, my mom works here, we go to each others events, I've been a part of children being born, the women of SHS go on an annual road trip together.

I am thankful to be a part of this company. Especially, when I see so many companies across the country that are closing due to the economy. I definitely don't jump out of bed everyday and say, "Hey I want to go to work!" But, knowing that I have a job to go to, and working for a company like Spokane Hardware it's like adding the Whipped Cream to the Pumpkin Pie.

We wouldn't be in business this long if it weren't for awesome employees and super awesome customers like you. Truly, from everyone at Spokane Hardware & The Hardware Hut, Thank You for being a part of us.

Happy Thanksgiving!



*If you'd like to purchase the adorable turkeys above, click the image. It takes you to happythoughts etsy store.


Visit the Hardware Hut today!
Erica
“Leave the Details to Us”

No comments:

Post a Comment